It’s time for another tag. We found a generic bookish scenarios tag, and we’re not sure who created it. These are seven random situations regarding books, and some of the questions were hard. However, it was fun, and we hope you enjoy!
1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres – a. contemporary, b. fantasy, c. non-fiction, and d. one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?
Ashley – a. Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens by Becky Albertali, b. Caraval by Stephanie Garber, c. Unfiltered by Lily Collins, d. (sci-fi) Winter by Marissa Meyer
Katie – a. The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner, b. The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, c. The Book of Mythicality by Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal, d. (graphic novel) Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
2. You’re at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don’t like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren’t big on reading – what book is it?
Ashley & Katie – For this one, we can’t really pick anything without knowing more about the reader. As a base, it’s always easy to recommend things like Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, but we would want to know more about them and what they like to really recommend something great.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
Ashley – one of the Harry Potter audiobooks
Katie – The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?
Ashley – Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Katie – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the trip?
Ashley – Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Katie – The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross
6. Your house has been robbed! Don’t worry – everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What’s the book you really hope is safe?
Ashley – My Legendary arc
Katie – My UK hardcover of Uprooted
7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a. Just pretend you haven’t noticed b. Ask them to repurchase it or c. Secretly do the same to something of theirs.
Ashley & Katie – We would have already purchased a new copy before returning because we’re actually nice friends.
Feel free to do this tag yourselves if you feel like it! Let us know your answers below, or tag us in your post!