Hello, everyone! Today I thought it’d be fun to do the All About Reading Tag. I found this one on Left-Handed Book Lover’s blog, and the questions seemed new and interesting! So, let’s jump into it!
1. What do you look for the most when you pick up a book? a.) a beautiful writing style; b.) a character driven story; c.) a plot driven story
Out of those three options, I’d go with B. I need to care about the characters first and foremost, or I just won’t care about what happens to them. Also, I’ve read some really beautiful writing styles before, but I found their actual story incredibly dull.
2. What are your pet peeves in books?
I’d assume this is basically tropes I hate, and one I’m kind of tired of seeing is “the chosen one”. I really hate how most characters just happen upon their powers or strengths and are instantly great at everything because they’re “chosen” or whatever. I prefer the characters who work their asses off to get to victory.
3. If you could print one quote on your wall, which one would it be?
“I spent my life folded between the pages of a book.” from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
4. Which genre would you like to explore more?
Probably sci-fi. It’s not a genre that I reach for often. I usually prefer fantasy.
5. Was there ever a movie adaptation you liked better than the book?
Numerous ones, actually. I preferred the movie versions of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and The Maze Runner to name a couple.
6. If one of your favorite books would be adapted or get a new adaptation, which book would it be and what role would you like to play?
I’d love for Strange the Dreamer to get adapted, and I’d love to play the part of Sarai! Or anyone really, I’d love to just be in the movie.
7. A hyped book you wouldn’t recommend at all?
Solely for Ashley’s sake, I’ll go with Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings because it was crazy hyped, and she hated it.
8. A book that highly influenced your life and way of thinking?
Perks of Being a Wallflower. It was one of the first few times I’d read a book that I could whole-heartedly connect with.
9. Are you a fan of rereading books? Do you do it often?
I reread all the time! I think sometimes it’s necessary before a new book in a series is released or if I’m in a slump.
10. Which book title could easily be the title of your life?
Perks of Being a Wallflower, or is that too cliche? Oh well. The Unexpected Everything could also work.
11. Which book should be required reading for everyone?
Harry Potter and a bunch of my other favorites because I’m biased and I want everyone to enjoy my favorites — like An Ember in the Ashes, Strange the Dreamer, Caraval, Children of Blood and Bone, etc.
12. Who do you tag?
Anyone who’s feeling like answering some questions!
Until next time,
Do you agree with any of my answers? Let me know in the comments below!