Hello, everyone! With 2018 coming to a close in just a few short months, I thought it’d be fun to talk about five of my most anticipated releases for the new year! These are in no particular order, so without any further ado, let’s talk 2019 releases!
1. The Wicked King by Holly Black
So, I’ve already had the pleasure of reading this amazing sequel, but that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for the hardcover release! You bet I have a Barnes & Noble exclusive edition preordered, I can’t wait for everyone to see what happens next.
2. Finale by Stephanie Garber
After finishing Legendary last month, I can’t quit thinking about what Finale holds. I thought that the sequel was somehow better than Caraval, and I freaking loved Caraval.
3. Enchantee by Gita Trelease — February 5th
This one mixes late 1700s Paris with magic and Marie Antoinette, and I can’t wait to read it. I’ve heard great early reviews, and that cover is so inviting!
4. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi — January 15th
I sadly haven’t read any of Chokshi’s past books, but I own them and intend to! This one sounds incredible — a team hunting down artifacts in the late 1800s Paris? Sign me up!
5. We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Friezel — May 14th
I’ve been following Hafsah’s publication journey on Twitter from the moment she pitched her idea during the #PitchWars! I love the concept of the story, and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!
It wouldn’t be a complete “Top Five Friday” without me bending the rules, so here are some honorable mentions!
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu — January 8th
- Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye — January 22nd
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo — January 29th
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer — January 29th
- The Cerulean by Amy Ewing — February 5th
- Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian — February 5th
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller — February 26th
- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon — February 26th
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi — March 5th
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman — April 2nd
- Sky Without Stars by Jessica Brody — April 2nd
- Through the White Wood by Jessica Leake — April 9th
- The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala — April 23rd
- King of Fools by Amanda Foody — April 30th
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan — Summer 2019
Until next time,
What 2019 releases are you most excited for? Let me know in the comments below!