Hello, everyone! Fall is one of the best seasons ever, and since it’s finally that time of year, this tag seems pretty appropriate! Without any further ado, let’s hop into the questions!
*The original creator of this tag’s video is right here!*
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting.
I’d definitely say this duology! Laini Taylor’s writing made me feel like I was right there with Lazlo and Sarai the whole time!
2. Nature is beautiful, but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
This book made me sob like a baby. The movie was well done too! Patrick Ness does a great job of showing the different ways people can deal with grief. Just definitely go in prepared with a box of tissues.
3. Fall is back-to -school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
I don’t honestly read a lot of nonfiction, so the last thing I read that I could consider would be Quiet Girl in a Noisy World, which is a story that perfectly defines what it’s like to be an introvert. There were times that I thought the book might have actually been written about me.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
I’d love to be a part of the friend squad from the Lunar Chronicles! They’re all so loving and friendly, and I’d die to be best friends with Thorne.
5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines.
I’ve been putting in some extra effort with my bookstagram account (be sure to follow here!), so I’ve definitely shown some fall book spines!
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
I haven’t personally read this one, but I do know that the whole story is basically the main character recollecting his life. That fits, right? I’ve always meant to get around to the one!
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
I just finished this one the other day, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I definitely felt creeped out during certain scenes, so it’s perfect for a spooky read!
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
If I ever want a pick-me-up or a break from fantasy to keep me warm and fuzzy, I go for romance. The best ones I’ve read this year are definitely Easy (thank you to WhittyNovels!), Emergency Contact, The Art of Feeling, When It’s Real, and Always Never Yours. These aren’t necessarily short, but they definitely are quicker reads than most fantasy.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favorite season) returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon.
Definitely Harry Potter. It’s a super cliche answer, but I honestly haven’t reread the series in a solid five years, and that’s unacceptable. I want to reread them using the illustrated editions too!
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading accessories.
I love cuddling up with my cozy blanket and a nice mug of cocoa or tea! I usually always wear fuzzy socks and sweatshirts around this time of year, so I always associate them with cozy reading time!
Until next time,
What do you love most about fall? Let me know in the comments!