Hello, everyone! Because it’s still fall time – despite what some people and the retail industry seem to believe – I thought it would be appropriate to do the “Fall Time, Cozy Time” book tag! I love the cozy, autumn time, and I’m one of those weirdos that can’t wait for winter. Until then, these fall book questions will have to do!
1. Crunching leaves – Pick a book that has reds, yellows, and oranges on it.
I’ll do you one better – new covers with fall-ish colors! I’ve never read this trilogy, but with a new duology coming out in February set in the same world – Courting Darkness – the time to jump into them is now!
2. Cozy sweater – It’s finally cold enough to wear warm, cozy clothing. What book gives you the warm, cozy feelings?
Recently, I’ve been reading a bunch of romance – YA, New Adult, etc. – and I can’t get enough of it. I’m not sure what about the colder weather makes me want to read a mushy love story, but that’s what’s been happening. For me, nothing made me gushier or cozier than the feels I got from Easy by Tammara Webber and When It’s Real by Erin Watt. I usually don’t go for books advertised as such, but they actually better reads than I anticipated.
3. Fall storm – The wind is howling, and the rain is pouring. Pick your favorite book or genre to read on a stormy day.
My favorite genre to read during storms is definitely something fantasy. Being in a storm just puts my brain in a fantastical mood, so I usually reach for those!
4. Cool, crisp air – What cool character would you like to trade places with?
I’d definitely love to trade places with Juliette from the Shatter Me series. Not only does she have a kick-ass power, but she also has Warner – I see no better option.
5. Hot apple cider – What is an under-hyped book that you want to see be the next big thing?
I definitely feel like Ash Princess was way under-hyped. I thoroughly enjoyed that story, and I feel like it’s something a lot of other people would also like. It’d make a pretty bomb movie too!
6. Coats, scarves, and mittens – The weather has turned cold, and it’s time to cover up. What’s the most amazing book cover you’ve seen this year?
I was super lucky enough to get to read The Wicked Saints early, and the cover was just revealed not long ago. I really love it, and it fits the book so so well.
7. Pumpkin spice – What’s your favorite fall time snack to eat while reading?
Definitely candy corn. I’m the only one in my apartment that likes it, and I bought a giant bag that I get to keep all to myself. Win? Definite win.
8. Warm, cozy bonfire – Spread the warmth! Who are you going to tag?
Until next time,
What’s your favorite book to read in the fall? Let me know in the comments!